Mobile hotspots are available to borrow from The Smithtown Library, allowing you to connect to your devices with access to free Wi-Fi and unlimited data.
Mobile hotspots are available at the Circulation Desk and are limited to one device per library card. There is a 14 day loan period and devices can be renewed if there are no other holds.
If a mobile hotspot is unavailable, a hold can be placed online or you can contact the Library to place a hold. You will be contacted by the Library once the mobile hotspot is available.
Hotspot Borrowing Guidelines:
- You must be 18 years or older to borrow the Hotspot.
- You must present your library card and your valid NYS Driver’s License or other Government-issued
photo ID (to be used for verification purposes).
- A $1 late fee will be charged to your library card account for each day the Hotspot is late, up to a
maximum of $10.
- After the Hotspot is 7 days overdue, mobile hotspot service will be cancelled.
- A $95.00 fee will be charged to replace a lost or damaged hotspot and components. Individual components will be charged as follows:
- Mobile Hotspot -- $70
- Charger -- $12.50
- Kit bag -- $12.50